scroll

scroll

Monday, March 5, 2012

New Wool Applique Runner Grandma's Garden



We had a nasty week last week with snow and ice...so it seemed like the perfect time to do some stitchen. Of course I had no idea what I wanted to do so I searched though my computer files for old drawings..and Grandma's Garden appeared. With a little tweaking I finished up the drawing and was ready to search my stash for the perfect colors. It was a good day I found the original piece of a plummy purple hand dyed that I had bought over a year ago with this piece in mind.

It reminds me so of my Grammie, she always loved the lavender hues...hence this piece is dedicated to her. She would have loved it..she was always stitchin. As a kid I had wonderful doll clothes she made from velvet coats for my Tiny Tears,  to lacy nighties..best dressed doll in town.

Though I love the colors..when I finished I thought it would be great with red flowers..So my challenge for you, is for the first person to send me a photo of this piece in a different color scheme will win a free Wool or Punchneedle Pattern. To purchase this pattern check out the many fine shops listed that carry my patterns. I will post the winning photo on my blog for everyone to see.

I just finished this afternoon picking out wool for a new project...I can't wait to start it.

Have a Happy Stitchin day. jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews